A Big Brother / Sister Means Change in the Family …
This is the sweetest class! Big brother and big sister develop pride in their
new role in the family arrangement. They begin to understand how the baby gets
in and out of the mother - we are not specific! Kids are fascinated by what
baby does inside his/her mother.
Realistic expectations of a newborn’s abilities - Babies don’t play
with balls or dolls / How babies express themselves and why baby cries / Helping
with the new baby—emphasis is placed on parental supervision! / Activities
include dressing and undressing, bathing and holding anatomically correct dolls
/ Why mother goes to the hospital and what she does there / Projects to encourage
self expression and how children feel about a new baby coming into the family
/ Audiovisuals of new babies and new families - birth pictures are not included
/ Kids take home gifts to use with the newborn / Snacks are served - Kids can’t
do without it / Bring your camera & video camera. This is a photographers
Brother / Big Sister for Kids
- Start Date: Third Thursday of every month
- Duration: one 2-hour class - 16:00 – 18:00
- Fee: NIS 100 1st child, NIS 50 2nd child, NIS 25 3rd child
- 4th child, additional children of same family free of charge
- Pre-registration: required
- Private Class available upon request
- Each and every individual child must come with an adult for support and
to feel special.
- Instructor calls parents before class for information about the special
needs of individual children, because the class moves quickly.
- Please make baby-sitting arrangements for younger siblings
- Bring your camera & video camera. This is a photographers dream
Birth Israel presents educational information. Birth Israel is non-therapeutic.
Registration and non-refundable deposits may be required. Prices are subject
to change without prior notice. All courses / classes are subject to change
or cancellation without prior notice. Birth Israel restricts class size to minimum
and maximum number of participants. Birth Israel accepts no liability for injury
or accident incurred as a result of participation in its activities.