Labor Shared is Labor Spared!
This course prepares you for a lifetime of birth experiences.
You will learn to help women and their families plan their birth.
You will assist in labor, at birth and with early care of mother and baby.
You learn to cope with special situations, such as early labor, inductions, cesarean, vaginal birth after cesarean, multiple births, prolonged labors and more...
The Birth Assistant Training Course does not prepare course participants or
graduates to do medical interventions, to take medical responsibility, or to
make decisions during the birth process. The Birth Assistant Training Course
does not prepare course participants or graduates to teach Birth Education
Birth Assistants are para-medical professionals, hired by the
birthing woman and responsible to her.
Reproductive Anatomy & Physiology /
Conception & Pregnancy /
Prenatal Exercise /
Labor and Birth Process /
Hospital Procedures /
Birth Assistant Skills /
Postpartum Care of Mother /
Newborn Characteristics and Care /
Emergency Childbirth /
Cesarean Birth and VBAC /
Hospital Tours /
Birth Class Observations /
- Start Date: 2nd Sunday of September
- Hours: Sunday mornings 9:30 -12:30
- Duration: twenty 3-hour classes (completed within nine month)
- Optional: nineteen mentor sessions 12:30 -14:00
- Fee: $ 1600 (payable in other currencies)
- Pre-registration: required (limited to 10 participants)
- Instructors: Shoshanna Goldbaum and Joani Abelman
- Course admission procedure: contact us
- Course Requirements: review questions, selected reading, take home and monitored tests, research project & paper
- Diploma awarded upon successful course completion
Birth Israel presents educational information. Birth Israel is non-therapeutic.
Registration and non-refundable deposits may be required. Prices are subject
to change without prior notice. All courses / classes are subject to change
or cancellation without prior notice. Birth Israel restricts class size to minimum
and maximum number of participants. Birth Israel accepts no liability for injury
or accident incurred as a result of participation in its activities.